Most accountants and accounting students have some basic knowledge about excel. We even know by name various functions such as VLookup, HLookup, Match, if statements, creating subtotals, Pivot tables etc, but we have no clue of how to execute these functions. We feel no need to learn about these excel advanced functions since we can always go to the internet and learn them and apply the knowledge instantly. This is unsupported assumption. The fact is, it is not always easy to most of us. I was once there. If this sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. I will walk you through most of the ‘must learn excel functions’ for an accountant and make it even easier and simpler to understand with case studies. If you are in the accounting career you will at least one time face the challenge to apply some of the excel functions we will be discussing in my blog in the coming weeks.So stay tuned!
- Phone Scams:Criminals impersonating IRS agents
- Church donations even with receipt acknowledgement can be denied by the IRS
- Do you qualify for the refundable tax credits in 2012?
- Rules for deduction of any charitable donation of money in your 2012 Tax Return
- Everyone can e-file, and everyone can e-file Individual tax returns for free